Senior Java Developer
Req #: 190062938
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on business critical applications. You will be responsible for Java / JEE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
* Interact closely with the product owner and business users to deliver a state of the art systems, delivering high-availability and performance
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - Coding, Unit testing, integration, packaging and deployment of application software
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
* Responsible for overall system architecture and reviewing alternatives technologies.
* Collaborate with stakeholders and work closely with global team to achieve desired goals
Skills and Qualifications
Highly skilled at software engineering using Object-Oriented Java
* At least 10 years years of experience in a software development preferably in financial industry.
* Strong JAVA programming experience with good knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Restful Services, Java Messaging Services etc.
* Good understanding in data persistence (SQL or noSQL) data paradigms
* Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
* Proven working experience in agile development
* Strong familiarity with Software Engineering practices. Good knowledge of automated build, deployment, CI/CD and TDD/BDD
* Working Knowledge of Linux Operating System.
* Familiarity with Cloud (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure etc)
* Working Knowledge of Linux Operating System.
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.