What you'll be doing...
Join our Application Security team where you will be responsible for Identity and Access Management. You will develop solutions for Verizon's external customers supporting design, development, implementation and second line production support.
* Design customer user experience supporting web, mobile and TV solutions utilizing responsive design components, including integration with Mobile App SDKs
* Develop maintainable/ scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements, UX design and team standards, including application security scan of codes adhering to OWASP security standards
* Design, develop and test Java middleware and business objects and Java front-end web application software to modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture and make necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon's DevOps source and object code libraries and configuration management procedures
* Conduct unit test case development and develop highly complex test scripts.
* Provide code review, and documentation in support thereof, for code inspection reviews as part of the DevOps software packaging and deployment lifecycle
* Conform to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements
* Support the production support transition and implementation phases; responsible for overall success of the project
* Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high quality product in an agile environment
* Support functional/ system integration testing support
* Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicate and respond to escalations/inquiries
* Develop Build and Deployment guide
* Triaging defects, impact analysis, resolution planning and implementation
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java J2EE Technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or related discipline.
* Knowledge of industry secure coding standards to prevent common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting, Open Redirect and other secure coding standards.
* Experience developing SSO solutions using OpenSSO, OpenAM or OpenIG.
* Experience in Java REST API Design and Development tools, Specifically JSON and JIRA/Confluence/Slack.
* Experienced in Unit testing, load test and automation tools like JUnit, NUnit, Gatling, Selenium, Watir, Sitespeed.
* Experience with NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, and Elastic Search.
* Knowledge with IP, HTTP / HTTPs protocols.
* Experience with AWS Cloud-based Technologies/ Services.
* Experience with Splunk or Apache Kafka.
* Experience with Requirement Analysis, Development, Planning Test Strategy, Test Automation, Environment Readiness, Deployment, Project tracking and Reporting.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; can present concisely and effectively to critical audiences including director and executives.
* Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
* Experience making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.