Senior Java Developer for Automated Scheduling Solution (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 222797
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are currently seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer to support a contract in Sterling, VA. You'll work with the team to develop an automated scheduling solution built on AWS using a microservice architecture implementing agile and DevOps processes.
What You'll Get to Do:
Be part of a team with the focus of the design, implementation, integration, testing and deployment of an automated scheduler.
* You will work with a highly motivated team to research and implement a schedule optimization solution.
* You will provide software design and development skills in an agile and DevOps environment using microservices in AWS.
* Developers are expected to have technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
* You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
* You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
* You will work within a culture of sharing information amongst teammates and management team
* You will work with teammates whose culture is one of team before self
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience: A minimum of 7 year of related experience.
* Java programming experience
* Effective communication skills, both written and oral
* Able to work both within a team and autonomously as tasks dictate
* Able to digest new technical information at a rapid pace for practical use
* Comfort with Linux
* Agile and/or DevOps Experience
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with optimization algorithms
* Experience with solving automated scheduling problems
* Experience with AWS
* AWS Certifications
What We can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.