Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Location: New York, NY
You likely know, and hopefully have heard, SiriusXM in your car. Perhaps you listened to Howard Stern doing one of his legendary interviews, or you enjoyed one of our artist channels such as The Beatles Channel or E Street Radio, or you listened to our exclusive talk content such as Radio Andy, featuring Andy Cohen. You may not know that we also have a digital streaming service that you can listen to on our new mobile apps, on your computer, or on smart home devices. Now with the acquisition of Pandora, SiriusXM is the world's largest audio entertainment company and reaches more than 100 million people across its audio products!
We are looking for a motivated Senior Java Developer to work with our agile Digital Experience team, building out our new subscription and account management site on the latest technology stack. Our developers are involved from initial concept through the critical project phases including analysis, technical design, proof-of-concept, development, and deployment.
We learn from our visitors using A/B tests and surveys, iterate quickly, and bring the best functionality to our customers. This person must have the skills to bring the Product Owner's vision to life, have passion for innovation, and take ownership of the components that are vital to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Embrace Agile software lifecycle approaches with emphasis on customer satisfaction, incremental and iterative development, and continuous integration/deployment.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders, UI/UX designers, and development peers.
* Ensure timely and accurate delivery of assignments.
* Follow high-level of standards across all levels of design and development work.
* Ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
* Assist with peer testing and code reviews.
* Drive innovation in our Digital Experience processes and systems to ensure long-term success.
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
* Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years of software development experience.
* 5+ years as a full stack Java/J2EE developer with Spring MVC/Struts framework experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience in developing Microservices using Spring Boot or similar frameworks.
* Experience with Jenkins and Docker for Continuous integration and deployments.
* Experience with client-side MVC technologies (Preferably Angular 2+).
* Experience with server and client-side testing frameworks such as Junit and Protractor.
* Knowledge of web security standards and how to apply them.
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum.
* SQL and common database knowledge (Oracle 10g+).
* Basic UNIX experience.
* Source code control systems: eg GIT.
* Build pipelines using Gradle, Ant, or Maven.
* Experience with component based architectures and frameworks.
* Frontend technology experience with Angular or React.
* Experience with CSS frameworks.
* Experience with large scale, high volume web-based applications.
* Experience with internationalization.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.