What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Java Developer, you will analyze, design and implement a highly scalable, highly available applications for Verizon Business. You will help lead the service assurance transformation program which supports Verizon enterprise and medium business customer base, including some government organizations.
* Design, Architect and create solutions using java, J2EE, web services, REST, and Oracle SQL
* Analysis, design for the products and services in the Verizon business to fulfill the needs of strategic initiatives
* Partner with business and help them to achieve their business goals using software solutions.
* Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test support, deployment and production monitoring and support for service assurance platforms
* Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions to provide the best customer experience.
* Participate in requirement gathering and create design documents.
* Partner with vendors and offshore teams to get quality software developed and implemente
* Supporting and fixing production issues.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of software development experience using Java/J2EE, Web services, any RDMS preferably Oracle, SQL, and Unix
* Experience using agile development methods
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
* Experience architecting systems with MicroServices
* Development experience using cloud computing platforms
* Experience with DevOps tools
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience with OCI/AWS
* Experience with Emerging technologies - Chatbots, RPA, AI/ML
* Experience in No SQL technology.
* Experience with Business Process Management (JBPM or other)
* Experience with Kubernetes/docker
* Experience in telecom domain
* Experience in service assurance, ticketing application development
* Working knowledge of ITIL fundamentals.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.