Senior IT Web Specialist
Req ID #: 44082
Wilmington, MA, US
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
The Senior IT Web Application Specialist will lead the ongoing administration and technical support of the CRIVER.com platform across our global organization. This role will work closely with business leaders, functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to ensure the health of the Platform. Solid technical skills blended with a value-to-business mindset are key to success in this role. Additional responsibilities of the Senior IT Web Application Specialist include:
* Technical support, configuration, customization, troubleshooting, maintenance and improvement on the CRIVER.COM Platform.
* Daily administration and support of the CRIVER.COM Web Platform. Includes day-to-day technical support, administration, platform customization and other routine to complex tasks
* Performs work assignments given by manager to the quality required and in the agreed time
* Contributes to ongoing improvements to the value delivered by the IT Global Service Delivery team
* Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
* Oversee and manage deployment of software maintenance and fixes
* Monitor server performance, downtime, error logs, and ensure best quality service to support the web architecture
* Identifies and recommends improvements on technologies, processes, and procedures
* Provides high quality customer service experience to all customers both internal and external
* Maintains Service Catalog templates and content relating to Global Applications
* Acts in the best interest of the company and is a steward of company assets
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior IT Web Application Specialist role.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline
* Minimum of 7 year's relevant related experience in IT Web systems administration and technical support, including administration, technical support, configuration and analysis within a large size organization.
* Solid understanding of web architecture, web frameworks, web technologies, API's and databases
* Working knowledge of technologies required by the role:
* In depth knwledge of internet domain properties
* In depth knowledge of performance tuning and optimization
* In depth knowledge of web content management systems (CMS)
* In depth knowledge of cache management (CDN)
* In depth knowledge of application management
* Ability to effectively partner with technical and non-technical resources
* Ability to translate user story requests into workable requirements, and document technical specifications and the associated test cases
* Understanding of regulations applicable to IT Service Delivery - Global Applications (GxP, SOX, GDPR)
* Possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
* A strong sense of customer service, with proven experience in a similar role.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Developer, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Computer Science, Science, Technology