Trinity Industries is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Senior IT Virtualization Engineer in our Dallas, Texas office.
The Senior IT Virtualization Engineer is responsible for controlling changes to the production environment with a particular specialty in Virtualization and Cloud technologies. The selected candidate will be a member of a cross-functional engineering team responsible for maintaining stability within a hybrid data center infrastructure. #work4trinity
* Serve as team subject matter expert for Virtualization, Storage, and Server technologies.
* Provide operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to: vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize, Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
* Develop custom blueprints and workflows using NSX, vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
* Provision and clone virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
* Maintain and restore virtual machine "backups" and snapshots.
* Perform upgrades and apply patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
* Provide support for server hardware failures and assist with hardware replacement.
* Participate in the on-call support rotation, respond to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
* Provide configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
* Develop and update standard operating procedures and user guides.
* Complete service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
* Perform advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
* Develop scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
* Evaluate requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions which meet or exceed the customer requirements.
* Assist with the design and installations of physical servers and Hyper-converged hardware for the virtual infrastructure.
* Design, architect, install, and document enterprise-wide information systems, servers, and services in support of Trinity Industries, Inc.'s core businesses
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
* Provide technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of I.T. projects.
* Provide IT Server and Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMWare NSX, Cisco, VMware Workstation, VMWare Vsphere, VMWare Networking, Software-based networking, Firewalls, ACLs, DMZ, VMware, VMWare Networking, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, and SAN
* Bachelors Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
* 10 years of experience providing consulting, professional services and support in a mid-sized to large I.T. enterprise with more than half of that experience directly supporting/managing VMware vSphere products and technologies
* Demonstrated understanding of server virtualization concepts.
* Demonstrated experience with VMware vRealize Automation and Operations products and technologies
* Demonstrated experience with VMware NSX products and technologies.
* Demonstrated experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
* Demonstrated understanding of backup, recovery, and replication technologies for virtualized environments.
* Prior experience deploying blade and rack mounted server product sets
* Understanding of layer 2/3 networking technologies and concepts
* Ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Windows core services.
* Working knowledge of multiprocessing, threading, concurrency, distributed systems, load balancing and high availability
* Ability to learn new products and technologies.
* Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation.
* Ability to research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
* Prior experience with storage-area-network based replication products and technologies desired
* Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications
* Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
* Ability to define and refine server virtualization requirements for customer environments
* Ability to interact with customers and external teams to gather critical project information