The Sr. IT Tech is responsible for providing hardware/software support to Edwards client environment. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position also utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users to resolve/fulfill issues and requests. The Sr. IT tech also assists in the maintenance and testing of desktop systems and applications. The position's responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
* Handle/process escalation from Service Desk and members of the Desktop team
* Recommend improvement opportunities with the day to day operations and processes to management
* Installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance and usability of desktop/laptop computers, handheld/mobile devices, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
* Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
* Work with Service Desk and other IT staff/departments as appropriate to determine and resolve incidents and fulfill service requests.
* Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect with diverse systems, conferencing equipment and application
* Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
* Assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
* Maintain system and training documentation
* Escalate issues to management with all appropriate information before they impact the business or a wide set of users in a negative fashion
* A high school diploma is required. An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience providing Desktop Support, preferably in a bio-medical or medical environment, is required.
* Experience with support Microsoft products and solutions; Windows, Office (Office 365), OneDrive, etc.
* Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, documentation, and follow up skills
* Ability to multi-task and work with little or no supervision
* Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose hardware and software issues
* Follow documented process and procedures to deliver consistently excellent solutions
* Well versed with different operating systems and platforms
* Be able to handle small projects with moderate oversight
* Ability to lift 20-50 lbs
* Possess strong service orientation, interpersonal skills at a level to interact with various IT departments, administrative and executive members and other business departments within Edwards
* Communicate with all customers in a constructive and supportive manner that balances best serving the customer's need and the needs of the business.
* Demonstrate a commitment to meeting deliverables and deadlines by providing high quality technical solutions, support, and service.
* Communicate with staff and teammates in terms that promote collaboration and demonstrates a customer service orientation.
* Will need to be receptive to operational changes that meet the WHHS institutional agenda
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.