AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express varied perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Our Science and Enabling Units IT vision is to deliver the best science IT capabilities in biopharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients. The desired effect of your role is to take accountability as a leader for delivering a 'Best in Class' IT experience within the early science units including both Innovative Medicines (IMED) and Medimmune.
Delivering the portfolio of projects and services needs people with hybrid skill sets covering technical, analytical, project management, data management, service management, and business analysis skills, combined with an excellent knowledge of Finance and Business Intelligence processes. Our project managers lead or supply to a range of projects including pure IT, or IT and business change projects. Our projects deploy a range of technologies including internal custom build solutions, packaged software, COTS solutions, Software as a Service, Cloud based solutions, BI tools.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager leads IT and transformation projects/programs, ensures that they align to the vision and business strategy, and that true business value is delivered to the customer as a result. Having a positive relationship with the business customer driving the demand for the solution is critical to success in this role. As such the Project Manager will not only meet demand, but also challenge and renegotiate demand as needed based on strategic technical drivers and corporate ambitions. The Senior Project Manager has a real passion for delivery, with a strong customer focus. The role views process as mentorship for achieving delivery, and constantly looks for creative means to deliver quicker and more seamlessly within the process guideposts. The role is accountable for ensuring solutions solve key business needs in an integrated and simple manner, exploiting existing assets where feasible, and minimizing the long term total cost of ownership.
The role must also ensure that delivery occurs with a sense of urgency and speediness of response, and can be completed within the approved program budget and schedule dedications, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools. Focus areas include partner management across Business, IT, and vendor partners, risk management and delivery of business benefit. This role is also required to coach and mentor others in Program and Project Management, and drive development of the project / program management capability across IT in a tangible and measurable way.
* Science, Technical or Business degree or equivalent years of experience
* Project Management experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical environment
* Data Management, Data Science or Data Engineering experience desired
* Experience in a data management role or leading data management or big data projects
* Blue-chip or multinational company experience, and experience of working with matrixed organizations
* Proven skills interacting with Senior Leaders (up to C-level for senior PMs)
* Proven skills and experience delivering, leading and controlling large projects /programs
* Experience of working with onshore and offshore suppliers
* Experience of working with internal delivery teams
* Positive relationship management, and influencing skills
* Proven track record negotiating across complex groups
* Experience crafting creative solutions
* Experience working in global organization and across cultural boundaries
* Strong interpersonal skills and passion for customers
* Good interpersonal skills (both oral and written) and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
* The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
* A sense of ownership and enterprise leadership to delivery high quality solutions that solve business problems
* Master's degree preferred
* Program/Project Management certifications preferred (Prince, PMP, MSP, Agile - Scrum, SAFe)
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca is a global science-led biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of prescription medicines.