Aimco is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager for our Tech Team in Denver!
At Aimco, we are passionate about our Apartment Homes. Helping our business run smoothly and efficiently is a common goal. Our Tech Team partners with all aspects of our business, leveraging all types of tech as a business enabler so we can achieve our mission to be the best in our business.
What you'd do:
The Senior IT Project Manager is a leader within the Technology Application Development Delivery team and will partner and collaborate with business and technology leaders to manage the delivery of multiple, large scale, concurrent enterprise projects utilizing project management tools and techniques. This role is responsible for providing leadership, management, and coordination of highly visible, multi-stakeholder projects.
The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with excellent communications skills and a collaborative style. A self-starter who is experienced in delivering project-oriented environment is essential for this role. The Sr. Project Manager will be assigned to manage projects through the full project life-cycle, leveraging varied methodologies, as appropriate. This individual will ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with a high-quality standard.
What's needed to do that:
* Under limited oversight, manage a variety of highly complex, highly visible initiatives for key stakeholder teams including implementing and maintaining applications at all stages of the technology lifecycle - emerging to enterprise.
* Accurately and effectively communicate with business and technology stakeholders to define and implement initiatives.
* Using proven best-practice techniques, lead multiple project teams effectively by coaching and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to responsibilities and project milestones, demonstrating your success to others.
* Coordinate various work activities to ensure deliverables are timely, accurate, and handed-off appropriately.
* Provide guidance to project sponsors related to overall planning, control and risk management.
* Own, build, and manage the overall project communications plan and meeting structures.
* Detailed project planning and control to include status reporting, financial, scope and schedule monitoring, risk and issue tracking and resolution.
* Collaborate, supervise and direct the work of onshore and offshore infrastructure and application maintenance teams.
* Mentor and strengthen the team by demonstrating leadership through practice
Tell us if you're ready.
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of eight years managing large business and technical projects. Prior experience in financial services or real estate investment industry a bonus.
* PMP certification preferred.
* Proven track record of succeeding on high profile, fast paced, multi-stream projects.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders, business customers, executives, and IT colleagues and partners (technical and non-technical audiences).
* Solid experience managing projects and teams in complex organizations.
* Prior project successes that encompassed enterprise architecture, business analysis, data management, and current systems engineering best practices.
* Adaptability to leverage varied project frameworks including Agile and Iterative, as well as internal and external delivery teams.
* Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Proficient with project management software.
To be considered, candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer without need for sponsorship either now or in the future. Aimco is an equal opportunity employer.
Take the next step and apply today!
Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust.