The Project Manager III will lead the design, execution and monitoring of large initiatives in IT and other functional areas, championing and following best practices and standards established throughout the end-to-end project management lifecycle.The Project Manager III will have a proven track record of implementing projects for large, complex enterprise wide initiatives. The incumbent will continuously improve project management process and toolkits used by teams to successfully implement projects. The incumbent will leverage their experiences and skills to coach other Project Managers on best practices, relationship management, effective communication and other skills essential to maturing the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) practice at MoneyGram. The Project Manager III will have strong communication skills, organizational awareness, and proven ability to manage critical dependencies and impacts.
* Understands resource allocation and utilization.
* Coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to the work plan.
* Facilitates working sessions with project team(s) to design work breakdown to efficiently leverage available skills and experience of team members to work on the right task.
* Ensures team members are capturing time worked and submitting hours per standards established.
* Tracks projects financials (cost and forecasts) and ensures these metrics are updated per standards. Variances from plan are escalated appropriately.
* Accountable for adhering to standards and processes established to ensure compliance with project governance.
* Tracks project metrics for quality management.
* Keeps stakeholders informed by effectively communicating relevant project information and defining organizational change management strategies.
* Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to deadlines and manage projects within budget.
* Understands the big picture and can conceptualize how projects fit within strategic objectives.
* Influences project team members and contractors to take positive action and accountability by coaching, mentoring and motivating.
* Ensures communication by developing and delivering timely status reports and presentations for Steering Committee and project stakeholder notification.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional webinars.
* Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broad understanding of issues.
* Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
* Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate work or improve quality.
* Assists with and is responsible for Project and Company administrative activities as required.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
* Minimum Required: Degree in finance, business administration, public administration or equivalent degree and/or experience
* Project Management certification, preferred
* 5 years of Project Management experience.
* Proven ability to be a leader in the change process.
* Expertise in documentation, presentation tools, and project management tools.
* Knowledge of financial business process and systems to understand the impact of project decisions on business objectives including but not limited to Money Transfer and Bill Pay, preferred.
* Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis.
* Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships across all organizational functions and external stakeholders.
* Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Project.
* HP PPM tool experience desired.
* Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
* Ability to work autonomously and alongside a peer/mentor where necessary.
* Utilize and support project methods, process and toolkit as well as be an ambassador of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO).
* Group facilitation skills, negotiation and ability to influence and drive decisions.
* Ability to articulate project challenges to stakeholders and functional leaders in a timely manner for escalation, transparency and guidance.
* Facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues.