Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Senior IT Linux Engineer
* Leads the team to maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems and provide strategic direction on HPE's new hybrid cloud using docker, Mesos and VMWare.
* Involved in concept design, through development, integration and operation of automated infrastructure-centric products, including developing Ansible playbook for application and infrastructure deployment.
* Design and build app developer centric CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jira, and Jenkins.
* Design, configure and manage compute platform, including physical, virtual, and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
* Performance tuning and troubleshooting critical infrastructure and applications
* Develop micro-services to reduce execution time and design methods for the automating implementations and day-to-day support services, processes, and procedures.
* Conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
* Defines and implements best practices for management of the environment.
* Defines Server administration processes for the server OS's.
* Lead engagement with cyber security team to perform penetration testing, configuration compliance, and security centric investigations and remediations.
* Responsible for end-to-end development and operations including developing and testing software, API testing, building and deploying OS / applications.
* Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customers and vendors on complex issues.
* Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions.
* Lead development activities to develop, deploy, and support applications.
* Architect solutions for new and existing projects.
* Lead and maintain the integrity, performance and security of servers and systems and ensure all critical systems and services are properly monitored with relevant alerts enabled.
* Manage backups including ongoing policy refinement.
* Develop migration strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience, or 15+ years of equivalent working experience.
Knowledge and Skills
* Performs Linux Server administration in a complex datacenter environment and has extensive knowledge of the Linux OS.
* Mastery of Linux (SUSE/RHEL/Centos preferred) support experience in large scale environments.
* Advance knowledge of Ansible and other management and monitoring tools
* Advanced knowledge web architecture and related applications
* Experience managing data warehouse platforms & tooling
* Advanced knowledge and experience creating and executing shell scripts.
* Advanced knowledge of load balancing administration and tuning
* Experience configuring and maintaining AD/Linux integration
* A sense of ownership, initiative and drive.
* Performs administration of virtualized Linux servers via VMware vSphere and VMware vSphere web client
* Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical and non-technical staff
* Ability to work individually or collaboratively as part of a high-performance team
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Troubleshooting skills within the Linux OS, networking, and storage technologies
* Unix skills
* Docker and Docker EE
* Mesos / DCOS
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise