Requisition ID # 16554
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology and Supply Chain
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Meter to Cash - Requirements, Analysis & Design (MTC RAD) is responsible for analyzing and designing work that impacts the Meter to Cash systems and their direct interfaces. This team works with business and technical stakeholders to obtain the best possible solutions for its clients.
Its deliverables include providing estimates for MTC related work; developing an internal work plan with identified resources and target completion dates; and preparing requirements and functional designs. To ensure the MTC RAD provides the utmost service to its clients, it is organized into three functional areas that align with PG&E's business operations: Billing/Financials, Measure & Field Services, and Customer Information. Each Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for assigned area of coverage with in-depth knowledge of the business practices and MTC functionality that supports it. In addition, the analyst is responsible for analyzing O&M and project defects to determine business and technical impact and providing input on the priority of fixing the defects.
We are looking for a Senior level IT applications design analyst in Measure and Field Services team who can be a quick learner, thorough, organized, flexible to adapt in fast paced and dynamic environments. The analyst is mainly responsible for analyzing business requirements and developing function requirement and functional design documents. In addition, the analyst is responsible for analyzing O&M and project defects to determine business/technical impact and providing recommendation on fixing the defects.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Engineering, etc. or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 4 years of job related experience in Information Technology
* 3 years of experience in business analysis
* Minimum 4 years of experience in analyzing, designing and developing functional requirements and application functional designs
* Working experience of Oracle CC&B application, MDM, and data models
* Advanced degree
* Typically has 5 or more years of job related experience in Information Technology, which may include or be in addition to 5 or more years of experience in business analysis
* Experience in Meter Data Management, Meter Configurations and Field Services
* Working knowledge of relational databases, including data querying is a plus
* Be able to design as an individual but within the framework of the team and product
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to maintain efficiency, consistency and achieve successful implementation of system enhancement
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
* Work with business organizations to provide input regarding enhancement feasibility
* Using business process knowledge, proactively look for opportunities for system enhancements
* Evaluate and provide input to "business concept requirements"
* Prepare preliminary design for concept estimation purposes
* Analyze/assemble requirements
* Provide technical expertise and assistance in designing, testing and developing applications
* Perform feasibility analysis, design and provide recommendations on the alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization, as well as system alternatives or enhancements to current systems
* Prepare final functional requirement and functional design documentation
* Conduct walkthrough of deliverables with business and obtain approval/signoff
* Provide SME support to developers and testers
* Work with business to document and analyze project change controls
* Support stabilization of deployed code
* Troubleshoot potential MTC system issues to determine if there is a defect
* Analyze production defects, identify business and system impacts and quantify problems
* Contribute to defect troubleshooting and solution design
* Assist business and technical teams with adhoc requests
* Provide functional expertise to clients for resolving business issues
Work Location: General Office Complex - 77 Beale Street