Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Gas Business Enablement project is a major long-term investment in our US gas business to enhance compliance, improve customer service, rate case strategy and performance. This newly created project will be a significant undertaking for the business as we standardize and simplify our operational processes, upgrade the technical systems they run on, build on our compliance programs in a rapidly changing external environment, develop and enhance how we use technology in the field and ensure we have the right talent and resource plans to successfully deliver to our customers.
As part of the project, National Grid will consolidate its current 5 different solutions/instances of GIS into one solution based on ESRI and hosted in Azure cloud environment. This role will be responsible for providing ESRI support for the GIS team as part of the Gas Business Enablement project. The support includes providing assistance during testing and post go live support.
* Provide business and technical support as it relates to the GIS (ESRI) system being used by the Gas Business Enablement project
* Configures (and develops customized where necessary) web applications, web services, mobile, and enterprise solutions in ESRI
* Configures and develops geoprocessing and GIS web services
* Configures and develops GIS web editing/mapping applications
* Conducts performance, unit, system, integration, and quality assurance testing of applications
* Maintains existing applications/services
* Provides end user support and creates support documentation
* Works closely with other developers and architects
* Proposes development solutions and estimates work effort
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, industrial engineering or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience with relevant industry/professional certifications
* Relevant industry/professional certification desirable
* Minimum 5 years' professional experience acquired in relevant roles and domains
* 5+ years of programming/application development experience
* 2+ years of PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL
* 3+ years Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10x; ArcGIS Pro experience is a plus
* 3+ Esri Portal / ArcGIS Online/Web App Builder
* 2+ years Esri ArcGIS Server services and GeoProcessing services development
* 2+ years Esri versioned geodatabase development and management
* 2+ Python Scripting
* Citrix or similar Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) experience is a plus
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
* Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures
* Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc
* Esri Geodatabase (SDE) Administration
* NET Web Services (UDDI, SOAP, REST, WCF, etc.)
* Esri Technical Certifications - Developer/Enterprise
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid