Handy is changing the way the world buys services by connecting customers with vetted, independent, local service professionals in a fast, convenient and reliable way - at the tap of a button. Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua while at Harvard Business School, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation, and assembly services across the entire US and has processed over 3 million transactions. We're thrilled to announce Handy is now a part of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world's largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie's List. While this is a big milestone for us, we believe this is just another step in Handy's journey, and we're excited to join ANGI Homeservices to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers.
About the Role
At Handy, we form small, high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly. You'll be joining our iOS team as a senior engineer. Senior engineers are some of the most skillful individual contributors in our teams. You will be collaborating with your team members (engineering, product, and operations) to build and release features/products to production at an extremely fast pace. Our engineers release Handy's native apps every week and release web features throughout the day.
What you will do:
* Be part of a team that builds impactful features for our customers and pros
* Take ownership of features, breakdown a feature into releasable chunks, estimate release schedule, and work on the feature with your team
* Contribute to the architectural and design decisions your team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions
* Contribute to code and design reviews, evangelize best engineering practices, and participate in Handy Lunch & Learn sessions
* Influence the team members to do "the right thing"
* Be part of our production on-call rotation
Who you are:
* A skillful software engineer, collaborator, and communicator with at least 4+ years of experience developing mobile applications
* Proficient in Objective-C and/or Swift
* Expertise with offline storage, threading, and networking
* Expertise in building complex layouts and UI
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
* Expertise writing tests and testable code
* Always eager to understand and solve impactful business problems
* A great collaborator with both technical and non-technical team members
* Have a thorough understanding of programming languages, databases, operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and complexity trade-offs
Also great if you have:
* Experience with major open source iOS projects
* Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
* Ability to write server-side code in Ruby on Rails
Compensation & Benefits
* Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
* Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
* Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
* Monthly Handy credits
* A fun office in the heart of Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
* The rare opportunity to work with a sharp, motivated team solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
Handy (formerly known as Handybook) is a provider of a platform connecting individuals looking for household services with pre-screened independent service professionals.