Senior iOS Engineer - Growth Team About Us
Life360 is a platform for today's busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Founded in 2008, Life360 is based in San Francisco with offices in San Diego, Las Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale.
Life360 has raised +$100M from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM, Fontinalis Partners, BMW iVentures, Allstate, Bullpen Capital, Founders Fund (FF Angel), Launch Capital, Kapor Capital, and 500 startups.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
About the Job
As an engineer on the newly-formed Growth Team, you will be working closely with our product, design, test, and data science teams on critical projects that directly drive revenue. This is a unique role at Life360! We iterate quickly, release rapidly, and make a measurable impact on a weekly basis.
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Senior iOS Engineer on the Growth Team:
* Work on a highly collaborative, nimble team to design, run, and evaluate revenue-focused projects
* Own your ideas from start to finish. Have feature or tweak that you think will drive revenue? Pitch it in one of our ideation sessions. Then, work directly with design, data science, backend, and your Android counterparts to see your idea through to release.
* Iterate rapidly. Idea didn't work? Let's figure out why and test an update the following week.
* Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
You are someone who is:
* Excited by fast-paced development environment.
* Comfortable with supporting various versions of iOS and new technologies as they come out.
* Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 2.1 billion requests per day from our iOS app alone, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
* Has proven results in improving app launch times and performance. We are polishing a finely-tuned machine, and making it lightning fast for our users. Every second of launch time you can save will mean our users will love our app even more.
* Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the performance of our iOS app, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
You have the following experience:
* Minimum 3+ years of iOS development experience
* Experience working on a shipping app
* Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in iOS
* Comfortable with multiple areas of the Cocoa ecosystem
* Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
We'd be excited if you have:
* A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
* Experience with internationalization of iOS apps
* Experience with multiple mobile platforms
* Experience with RxSwift or other streaming methodologies
* Experience with multiple design patterns, such as MVC, MVVM, and VIPER
* Experience with advanced networking technologies like MQTT or WebSockets
The Life360 app keeps millions of families and close friends connected, no matter what chaos life throws their way.