114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior iOS Engineer
Being Capital One Tech:
At Capital One, we consider ourselves the bank a technology company would build. We're delivering best-in-class innovation so that our 65 million customers - and counting - can manage their finances with ease. Our reality and vision empower our engineers to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform real-time data, software, and algorithms into financial clarity. We come from all backgrounds and deliver our customer-centric mission to push the limits of what banking can be. That's what sets us apart - and we want you to join our journey.
We're all-in on the cloud and a leader in the adoption of open source, RESTful APIs, microservices, and containers. We build our own products and release them with a speed and agility that allows us to get new customer experiences to market quickly. We're going boldly where no bank has gone before. And, as a founder-led company, we're inspired and empowered to make, break, do, and do good. So, let's do something great together.
Calling All Mobile Engineers:
A hub for innovation, our New York presence is expanding, and we need Mobile Engineers who know their stuff to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. You'll work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems. You'll collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions to drive powerful experiences that help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment. Want to learn more? Check out the low-down on our high-tech.
Who You Are:
* You are fun to work with - you're excited by a team environment
* You are curious. You like to learn new technologies, and you adapt well to change
* You are passionate about current state-of-the-art software technologies and tools, with experience implementing them effectively
* You are excited about working with cloud-native stack, building on AWS using technologies like Kubernetes and Serverless
* You possess a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
* You are motivated and actively looking for ways to contribute
* You are passionately focused on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
* You value data and truth over ego
* You possess a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, take pride in your code
* You're pragmatic - you make the best use of time and resources to find the simplest workable solution
* You think and act like an owner, taking personal responsibility for both team and product success
* You possess great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to influence and make a strong case for technology choices
* You thrive in collaborativeagile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of engineering solutions
What You'll Own:
* Collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
* Leading the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
* Assisting in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to diversity and inclusion
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 4 years professional coding experience
* At least 2 years of professional iOS experience building native applications
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
* 2+ year experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
* 4 years of mobile development for native iOS applications
* 2 years of experience with Swift
* 1+ year of experience with Objective-C and iOS Frameworks
* 1+ shipped iOS app(s)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.