What you'll be doing...
Mobile point-of-sale (POS) solutions are revolutionizing the way people shop by giving customers flexible payment options, like using credit or debit cards in remote or temporary locations. You'll be working on operational and technical projects for our POS team, tackling our most complex issues and pursuing our most promising opportunities. Your expertise and tenacity will help keep us on the forefront of POS technology, redefining the retail experience for our customers.
* Developing and continuously improving the system architecture.
* Analyzing and designing end-to-end systems and applications.
* Guiding others to assess system usage and pinpoint potential performance constraints.
* Evaluating systems to ensure a great user experience.
* Educating team members about systems integration.
What we're looking for...
When it comes to mobile applications, you can sniff out a problem-or an opportunity-like a bloodhound. You've got great analytically and debugging skills and you're driven to find the best solutions to constantly improve end user experiences. You're able to work independently when you need to, but you're also a sought-after team member that enjoys empowering others by sharing knowledge.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Objective-C fundamentals, including a solid working knowledge of core development frameworks for the iOS platform.
* Experience in integration of REST APIs.
* Experience with mobile application architecture or design, Oracle ATG, SAX/DOM parsers for parsing JSON and XML formats, Objective-C blocks and multi-threaded concepts, source technologies, tools, or frameworks, design patterns like MVC, singleton, or delegate.
* Experience creating device-specific user experiences.
* Knowledge of Android platform.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.