Why YOU want this position:
Drillinginfo is an exciting place to be if you enjoy fast paced, energetic environments where you can make a real difference. We focus on highly engaged teams and executing on their best ideas. We are doing innovative work with data ingestion, software technologies and product markets. We are in need of world class application developers to build, manage and maintain software applications that will be crucial to our client's mission critical decisions. This position is for someone who wants to work on challenging projects that are highly strategic to the company.
At Drillinginfo, our mission is to help the oil and gas industry make better and faster decisions through our data intelligence, analytics, and visualization expertise. We are focused on building an agile development culture, that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients.
We are currently looking for an experienced, self-driven, iOS mobile application developer. The candidate needs to work well in a team and have strong design and implementation skills. He or she will be responsible for working closely with a team of developers, QA engineers, and product managers to build Drillinginfo's flagship mobile application.
About the Role:
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Swift code
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
* Define and implement elegant, but practical, solutions in our flagship mobile application.
* Become part of a high-functioning, collaborative team that's passionate about shipping great product.
* Write clear, maintainable, and unit tested code in Swift and potentially back-end (Go or .net). Don't worry if you aren't familiar with these specific technologies; we're looking for smart people first, languages and frameworks second.
* Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Competitive Candidate Profile
* Proficient in Swift
* 3+ years experience building mobile applications for iOS
* Demonstration of success in challenging environments
* Strong familiarity with RESTful APIs
* Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
* Comfortable interacting with large datasets and a variety of backend data stores
* Mapbox experience is a plus
* You are a great human with amazing collaboration and development skills.
* You've shipped multiple releases over the years, and you understand what it takes to build awesome features and get them delivered into the hands of users.
* You're a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial concepts.
* You write modern, testable, and maintainable code in an iterative fashion. It's important to you to get the smallest viable piece of functionality working and out to users.
* You're passionate about developing software. You'll push us to improve our processes, skills, and tooling to provide the best development experience possible.
* You love to learn from, teach, and mentor other teammates. We help each other become better at what we do.