Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - San Diego
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
* Provides dedicated service at customer's facility which may include inventory management, order entry, order management, stockroom services for customer owned inventory at multiple locations, material handling, glasswashing, chemical inventory, buffer prep and shipping and receiving.
* Possesses the ability to accept increased levels of responsibility which include operating customer systems, Thermo Fisher Scientific mainframe systems and execute 3rd party and agent buys.
* Serves as a liaison between Thermo Fisher and the customer.
* Establishes and fosters positive customer relationships.
* The tools employed would include various scanners and desktop computers, pallet jacks and push carts. Customer interface communication skills are also required.
* Follow all defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Area Supervisor and / or Regional Manager regarding daily duties.
* Makes decisions based off of instructions provided and / or site work instructions
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, which includes proficiency in Fisher Scientific mainframe systems, Fisher Scientific procedures, customer procedures, stockroom and material handling, depending on location
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Utilizes advanced systems or performs the functions stated below:
* Operates multiple proprietary systems which could include Fisher Scientific Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS), Fisher Scientific Internet, and Mainframe
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.