Title: Senior Integration Engineer
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Reporting to Director of Integration Platforms, this role is responsible for delivery and implementation of integration services and interfaces connecting Wiley Systems. Responsibilities for this position include the following:
* Provide technical expertise in scoping end to end business process business requirements and assist in reflecting them in implementation for Data and Systems Integration between different enterprise systems and external systems.
* Work with Business groups, Wiley Architecture team and other technology groups in crafting the overall direction and implementation of integration interfaces along with business process reconciliation.
* Develop and enhance Integration interfaces and Microservices built in Java / Spring Boot, TIBCO ESB, Kafka connectors etc., maintenance and fix issues in existing product suite
* Ownership responsibilities include - Analysis, Design, Build and Support of integration interfaces and RESTful Microservices using Kafka Connectors, connecting SAP ERP and other Wiley systems which include, but are not limited to, AS400, Hybris, SFDC, external systems (SaaS and on-prem) etc.
* Conduct technical reviews of integration interfaces built by offshore SI team for all SDLC phases to assess the quality of integration solutions
* Lead scoping and design sessions for integration interfaces that are part of multiple programs and work on data mapping between source and target systems and other cross-functional teams
* Provide input into technical infrastructure design for achieving high scalability of integration solutions
* Analysis, business requirements development, high level design, coding and technical configuration of integration interfaces
* Prepare configuration documents and provide demonstration of new integration products and technologies to business and technical stakeholders
* Help the technical teams across Wiley to develop integration solutions aligned with business requirements
* Perform as coordinator to fulfil onshore-offshore model of executing Integration projects and play the role of Scrum Master as needed
* Monitor integration implementation progress and resolve dependencies and issues and take corrective action on exceptions as they occur, to ensure alignment with overall project plan
* Act as liaison to vendors and align product roadmaps to Wiley's business process integration roadmap
* Build, review and maintain methodologies built using Integration Products, artifacts, technical and business services
* Deliver integration solution to support end to end integration solutions across Wiley using Middleware solutions primarily Java/Spring Boot and TIBCO Suite of Products (Build)
* Perform governance of project deliverables in terms of adherence to Wiley quality and long term viability (COE)
* Define and implement proofs-of-concept for proving new technologies and/or integration architecture patterns (COE)
* Provide platform and application support in production and non-production environments (RUN)
* Design responsibilities include determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario in order to gain the best performance, reusability and maintainability
* Work with product vendors and Wiley enterprise architecture team in understanding the future Integration product roadmaps
* Escalate risk and issues to Director of Integration, as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* Minimum 8 years of experience with TIBCO SOA Product Suite implementation including environment handling, application, data, Platform and infrastructure integration services.
* Experience in solutioning, design, development and implementing complex integration solutions for enterprise applications
* Experience with asynchronous and synchronous message processing including publish\subscribe and request\response methodologies
* Ability to review functional requirements and design the optimum solution to integrate heterogenous applications
* Experience implementing solutions using a SOA approach including defining service security, use of service registry and governance processes
* RESTful Microservices using Java / Spring Boot
* Product Knowledge TIBCO SOA Suite:
* TIBCO Active Matrix Business Works
* TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Service
* TIBCO Adapters and plugins
* TIBCO MFT
* Strong knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA), JMS, MQ, Web services (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, SOAP, REST), and transfer protocols (http, ftp, etc.), Kafka Streaming technologies
* Extensive experience in SQL & PL/SQL, tuning and optimization and good understanding of Data warehousing applications
* Experience in SOA based integration, API Integration, B2B & B2C Integrations
* Formal project methodology framework (SDLC)
* Build management, release management and version control
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical and problem-solving ability
* Ability to maintain technical proficiency
* Ability to multi-task
* Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organization, planning and project management skills
* Provide timely project status reporting to management
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
Wiley (also known as John Wiley & Sons) is a company developing digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions.