Requisition ID # 21957
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Concord
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Corporate Security Department at PG&E is responsible for ensuring the Safety and Security of the enterprise. The department provides services for Physical Security Operations, Enterprise Investigations, Communication Operations and Risk Management across the organization. Security functions are led by PG&E's Vice President - Chief Information Security Officer and Sr. Director of Corporate Security.
We are seeking an Insider Threat Specialist, Senior that will act as a key resource for PG&E's insider threat program. The successful candidate will apply an investigative mindset, technical acumen, and collaboration skills to work with line management to evaluate internal intelligence and mitigate internal threats to PG&E's workforce, customers, information, and critical assets. They will employ analytical and investigative methods and work cross-functionally to prevent and to facilitate detection and resolution of internal security threats. Additionally, they will provide training and risk advisory services to address insider threats and security risks.
* Determines data collection and analysis methods.
* Presents findings and makes recommendations to management or others within organization.
* Gathers information associated with digital investigations.
* Reviews human failure and casual factor data, performs trend analysis, and makes recommendations related to procedural requirements to improve performance.
* Assists with cyber security incident response activities.
* Develops written reports for upper management summarizing findings, observations, and trends.
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with business units and external agencies.
* Leads complex or analytically intensive research.
* Performs cutting edge security analysis.
* Uses intelligence feeds and tools to maintain situational awareness to identify, track, and monitor emerging security threats and trends regarding threats to PG&E, the utility industry and US critical infrastructure.
* Must be able to qualify for NERC CIP clearance
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Five years of investigative or analytical experience in law, human resources, security, intelligence/counterintelligence, law enforcement, or other related experience
* Information systems acumen as demonstrated through a combination of at least two years total relevant experience or equivalent training applying information technology to security problems such as:
* Enterprise security platforms
* Identity and Access Mgmt.
* Digital forensics
* Other relevant technical experience
* Utility Experience
* Previous law enforcement, investigative, 7 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Personal integrity and accountability.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* Investigative mindset: demonstrated ability to form a hypothesis, process a high volume of data and information, identify relevant facts, perform analysis, test the hypothesis, and then drive appropriate follow up action.
* Ability to sustain attention and effort towards a complex, ambiguous task for extended periods without feedback or definitive results.
* Intellectual curiosity and an ability to learn by doing.
* Ability to apply critical thinking to novel problems lacking a standard or a widely accepted solution.
* Ability to operate effectively as part of a team or work independently.
* Competency with data analysis.
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills.