Coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project specifications, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically 5 years of project management, product design or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager - Cloud
Oracle NetSuite Operations is seeking energetic senior level Infrastructure Project Managers to plan, design, and deliver complex IT infrastructure projects such as data center build out, product development and deployments, solution architecture, around Cloud initiatives. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and team-oriented, able to focus on details and see the big picture; can comprehend, organize, and simplify complex problems; and is eager to learn new technologies. This role will also contribute to PMO process improvement initiatives focused on improving project delivery and maturing project management processes.
The Senior Project Manager will be able to work with Waterfall, Agile and hybrid methodologies while being responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more organizational units. The Sr. Program Manager will manage matrix resources, schedules, and financials (as applicable) while adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines. This also includes management of scope, issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or more organizational business units
* Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
* Full project life cycle ownership from initiation to deployment for multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities of the PMO
* Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
* Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
* Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and conducts regular project team meetings
* Provide status reporting for project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues to all levels of the organization
* Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
* Manage project scope, changes, issues and risks
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
* Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
* Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
* Demonstrated experience using Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall project management methodologies
* Proven experience managing all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Strong experience and technical analytic abilities in all areas of IT infrastructure including architecture, systems engineering, network infrastructure, disaster recovery, server deployment, operating systems, web technologies, monitoring, security, and backups.
* Excellent leadership capability with experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executive sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers
* Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
* Able to apply best-practices within and outside the PMO to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
* Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical staff. Ability to confidently present to all levels of management
* Proven ability to work in a frequently ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple organizations to achieve common objectives
* Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving technical problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
* Supportive of diverse and inclusive work environments
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or higher in an appropriate field of study; Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.
* 8 years of IT project management experience
* 8 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
* Must be comfortable and proficient presenting to, and communicating with, all levels of the organization
* Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Confluence, and Jira
* PMP and/or CSM certification or other project management certification is a plus
* Travel: ~10%
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.