Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29959
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Technology Engineer on the Platform Solutions Automation team, you will play a cross functional leadership role in ensuring the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of information technology automation solutions that support Capital Group's business functions. You will be responsible for leading all phases of complex product engineering and operational lifecycle of key automation frameworks. This includes research/strategize, requirements/planning, building/testing and Run/Support. You will be a point of escalation for complex and difficult operational issues by applying expert level technical and analytical abilities to identify, communicate, and resolve complex issues in order to minimize outage to critical business functions and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. You will provide guidance and mentoring to less senior engineers.
* Plays a leadership role within the team
* Analyzes and researches trends for potential impact to the company's strategic direction and recommends appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement
* Leads and recommends solutions to address complex incidents/ issues. Analyzes incident trends and recommends courses of action for incidents occurring within the domain
* Leads complex solution projects and initiatives and manages the solution lifecycle
* Builds efficient and scalable infrastructure automation solutions in a hybrid multi-cloud environment
* Works with other technology teams to improve the overall health of the solution and its processes
* Ensures optimal operational management of the product/solution and adjacent products/solutions
* Collaborates with application teams to have a "boots on the ground" understanding of challenges and success
* Relentlessly pursues self-service automation capabilities and solutions for application teams to reduce application development cycle-time
* Partners alongside risk and compliance teams to understand and ensure systems and solutions to protect the enterprise
* Role could be located in Irvine, CA or San Antonio, TX
* May be required to work outside normal business hours and participate in an on call support rotation
* 8+ years of Agile software development experience
* Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies such a server, storage, network, etc.
* Prior experience with major public and private cloud providers (Azure, AWS, VMware, etc)
* Prior experience with configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Chef, etc)
* Prior experience with cloud automation technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Automation) and automating infrastructure at scale in a hybrid multi-cloud environment
* Strong experience with Python or similar scripting language
* Experience with CI/CD frameworks and/or fundamentals (Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Version control system knowledge and experience - Git preferred
* Understand Secure Coding best practices and patterns
* Experience with container applications (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering or related field
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.