We're delighted you're considering joining us!
At Hill Physicians Medical Group, we're shaping the healthcare of the future: actively managed care that prevents disease, supports those with chronic conditions and anticipates the needs of our members.
Join Our Team
Hill Physicians has much to offer prospective employees. We're regularly recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work in the Bay Area" and have been recognized as one of the "Healthiest Places to Work in the Bay Area." When you join our team, you're making a great choice for your professional career and your personal satisfaction.
The Senior Analyst supports clinical quality, financial performance, and population health by gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data to the Hill Physicians team and its collaborating partners. Within this classification, analysts may focus more heavily on information technology, reporting and visualization on the one hand, or analytical consultation and modeling on the other. Senior Analysts work as members of teams committed to using and promoting industry-standard best practices and to addressing new problems with innovative solutions.
Provide insightful clinical and financial analyses for the network's clinicians and administrators.
* Provide reports that highlight variations in utilization, clinical practice, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes.
* Perform exploratory data analyses of reports and datasets, e.g., of medical claims and pharmacy data, and offer narrative interpretations and business recommendations or conclusions, where appropriate.
* Collaborate in evaluating the clinical and economic impacts of various quality improvement and cost reduction interventions.
* Perform analyses of patient characteristics that are associated with particular health outcomes or future use of health care services
* Utilize advanced querying techniques with data warehouse concepts and cubes. Work with advanced graphic tools, including dashboards and other visual displays, to provide clear and insightful views of performance.
Work with users to identify reporting needs, define report specifications, and produce reports that help guide business decisions.
* Serve as analytical liaison with Hill Physician business units and organizational partners.
* Promote appropriate analytical study design and identification of decision alternatives through the proper framing of customers' questions, compilation and cleaning of data, model building, validation, and interpretation of results, all consistent with professional standards.
* Provide consultation to internal stakeholders in understanding and responding to HPMG performance as measured by external bodies, e.g., health plans and the Integrated Healthcare Association, as well as variations in internal clinical and financial metrics.
* Assist internal and external stakeholders with appropriate us of standardized reports, analytical approaches to population management and business problems, and program evaluation.
* Facilitate integration of population health analytics into medical management and quality improvement programs.
* Attend committee meetings as needed to elicit information needs and ensure appropriate interpretations.
Collaborate with others to improve the quality of data and information flows at Hill Physicians.
* Collaborate with Information Services in developing and deploying reporting tools to meet the broad spectrum of analytical needs across our delivery system.
* Optimize recurring reporting processes to inform existing and emerging care delivery systems.
* Develop processes and reports that can be turned over to end-users' control whenever possible.
* Participate in and improve the organization's quality assurance procedures.
* Identify need for changes to workflow procedures and/or system configuration modifications.
* Routinely train and mentor other analysts.
* Minimum 5 years of professional analytics-related experience.
* Proficiency in the creation of complex analytical models, trend analysis, report design and development.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple projects and problem-solve under tight deadlines and resource constraints.
* Ability to facilitate consensus across functional, departmental and organizational boundaries.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and to function as an integral part of a team in a rapidly changing work environment, and to operate effectively with limited direction from management.
* Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills, including ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear, concise manner to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with colleagues, and to provide informal leadership and mentoring when appropriate.
* Proficiency in Microsoft suite, including pivot tables and advanced formulas and functions.
* Proficiency in analyzing a wide array of data types, including medical and pharmacy claims, clinical process and outcome data, e.g., HEDIS and other performance metrics, and survey data.
* Working knowledge of PerformancePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), business intelligence tools, SQL and OLAP cubes
* Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business, informatics, statistics, or related field.
* Master's degree preferred.
Hill Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer