Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The FIS Wall Street Concepts (WSC) Team offers its clients years of industry knowledge and expertise in the field of IRS Regulatory Compliance. WSC is widely considered an industry authority in this area. WSC provides data enrichment and security product knowledge to the Banking and Brokerage Industry. Our Services are utilized by over 90% of the Brokerage industry. The team here at WSC is dedicated and focused to meeting all our clients' IRS Regulatory needs. The work is challenging and rewarding with tight deadlines. WSC fosters a spirit of teamwork among the staff and it is a great learning environment.
What you will be doing:
Examine data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers and complete data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis for conversion to FIS systems.
* Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
* Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
* Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. Data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through validation.
* As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs sharing reports and application specific data with customers that reflect how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
* Examines client processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs and documents what software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
* May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
* Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
* Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
* Customizes FIS software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
* Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.
* Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
* Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.
What you bring:
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
* Requires advanced working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
* Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
* Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
* Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
* Requires high attention to detail
* Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
* Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
* Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
* Flexibility, versatility, dependability
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you:
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
* Time to support charities and give back in your community
* A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect