Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
We are seeking an experienced Senior Imaging Automation Engineer to assist with creating and maintaining customized Windows OS images in MS Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This role will automate the creation and distribution of images using scripts and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and maintain the library of code and images.
* Automate creation of customized OS images for use in Azure and AWS
* Use IaC principles to automate and manage images
* Automate the periodic update and distribution of images
* Automate security scans on new or updated images
* Work with developers to create custom images for their apps
* Test new or updates images to confirm proper configuration
* Work with developers to ensure proper functionality of applications on custom images
* Manage image lifecycle from POC through production, maintenance and retirement
* Use "ticketing system" to receive/assign work assignments
* Be point of contact for Development and Engineering customers, developing tactical plans in line with project initiatives and programs. Provide updates and status to stakeholders on project efforts.
* Perform system administration activities such as provisioning and troubleshooting on the following OS platforms: Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris, VMWare, and Microsoft Windows.
* Install, configure, perform upgrades and oversee repairs on system management tools.
* Participate in "proof of concept" programs, implementing new technologies and tools.
* Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
* Perform support and maintenance activities of QA and Development systems. Manage and document all work through appropriate work management and change control systems.
* Contribute to system and department process and procedure documentation
* Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
* Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise
* Regularly instructs, directs, and assigns work to other team members, monitoring project status.
* Uses expertise of other team members and leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
* Acts as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
* Sets objectives for project goals and other team members and monitors progress to achieve goals.
* Devises or modifies department processes and procedures.
* Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional team(s)
* Errors may cause system/application outages that affect a large number of users or possibly multiple applications and cause significant project delays.
Knowledge, Skills and Technology
* 2+ years experience with VM Imaging and deployment in Azure/AWS
* 2+ years experience using PowerShell for automation
* Experience with the following tools
* ARM Templates
* Experience managing code with Git
* Advanced knowledge of Windows Server OS
* Experience creating base or "golden" images in AWS/Azure
* Experience automating software installs and configurations
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server OS
* Advanced knowledge and experience with Active Directory and related components / protocols (DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP) in large scale Enterprise solutions
* Advanced knowledge of infrastructure concepts, best practices and procedures of infrastructure technology implementations and support.
* Advanced knowledge and administration of virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Xen.
* Ability to provide escalation technical support to Intermediate Systems Administrators
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Good Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems and incidents
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
First American invests in its employee's development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.