As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
This is a senior functional analyst position supporting PeopleSoft, including BenAdmin and Benefits Self Service and other HR systems. General responsibilities include production support, implementation and systems upgrades. Specific job responsibilities include end-user support, systems and business analysis, documenting business processes and systems requirements, designing future business processes and systems requirements, systems configuration and systems testing. Team lead for specified projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Systems Analysis: Responsible for helping to facilitate the development of requirements; documenting such requirements and working with functional and technical staff (HRIS/IS/Payroll) to implement these requirements. Participate in testing and validating system fixes and enhancements and assisting with user acceptance testing. System analysis work tends to be project-based, centered on one or more of the following areas:
Implementing or upgrading a new PeopleSoft module(s) in a new or existing Partners entity
Assisting with the configuration of existing or new applications
Enhancing existing components of PeopleSoft (new queries, reports, etc.)
Implementing third-party products to work with PeopleSoft.
Applying and testing fixes and enhancements
Implementing, maintaining and improving Employee Benefits Self Service including appropriate aspects of annual open enrollment
Developing strategies to ensure data integrity. Ensures that audits are conducted on a regular basis.
Production Support: The successful candidate will work as a member of a team of functional and technical Systems Analysts working with and supporting operational units in the usage of HR systems.
Special Projects: The manager or director will assign special projects. Projects could range from supporting the roll-out of new modules or aspects of a system, implementing a suite of modules to a new entity within Partners, develop and lead training classes on new modules, procedural assignments or documentation assignments.
The qualifications to support the above duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1. BA or MA preferred and/or equivalent experience
2. Must possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to provide the appropriate level of production support, communicating issues and resolutions to all levels of staff and management, in person and email.
3. Must posses 6 years business analyst and/or human resources experience
4. Must have minimum 3 years HRIS systems analyst experience
5. Must be willing to contribute as a team player, sharing information willingly and accurately
6. Must be able to work independently with limited to no supervision
7. Must be able to take initiative in presenting and contributing to the resolution of complex issues
8. Must be able to see a project through from beginning to end; deliver complete and accurate documentation to support the project; communicate project milestones and scope changes as they arise
Skills, Abilities and Competencies Required
The Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required to support the above duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1. Must have Project management experience of small to medium sized projects
2. Must have experience with systems analysis and design
3. Must be knowledgeable of MS Office tools
4. Must have experience with human resources information systems
5. Must have experience with relational databases
6. Experience with interfaces is beneficial
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.