The Senior Applications Analyst is responsible for configuration, implementation, security, requirements gathering, and overall maintenance of the PeopleSoft HCM application. This position is also responsible for issue resolution, system-wide and ad hoc reporting, testing system enhancements, user training, and point-of-contact between IT and HR system end users. This position also supports HR related interfaces and functional support.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintains and supports PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application.
* Assists in translating the problems, needs and requests of constituent business areas into application development projects and software solutions.
* Provides technical expertise for system analysis, design and implementation of applications and systems integration.
* Reviews, evaluates and reports on progress and quality within projects including: problem definition and specifications; systems design; programming effort; controls; documentation; issue identification/resolution and conversion.
* Documents business requirements by attending meetings and engaging customers/business analysts in clarifying needs.
* Provides system support to HR user community, resolves systems issues, and identifies system changes to support business needs.
* Keeps abreast of new PeopleSoft HCM and related application area technologies, determining their relevance to the organization. Participates in the implementation of additional modules, as recommended. Develops system test plans to ensure quality assurance standards are met and requirement goals are achieved.
* Troubleshoots production issues and determines appropriate routing.
* Documents all processes, workflows, and related system activities.
* Develops strong interpersonal working relationships with Human Resources and Payroll staff.
* Focuses on creative efforts to facilitate improvements and effect change.
* Solves complex problems by taking on a new perspective utilizing originality and ingenuity using existing solutions