Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 116483
Senior HRIS Analyst
Location: United States : Parsippany, NJ
Function: Human Resources
Career Level: Senior professionals (> 5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: North America
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Click here to learn more about Evonik from our employees
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems within a Human Resources organization. Manages the HR IT system changes and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to HR applications including day-to-day operations, monitoring, problem identification, diagnosis and problem resolution. The position requires working with various HR stakeholders, vendors and cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate into technical specification for actionable solutions. This position supports users in the US, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica regions.
* Support HR Data Management, Site HR, and HR Business Partners in US, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica on day to day system queries and issues in HRIS systems such as ADP (Payroll, Benefits, and E-time) SAP and Success Factors (SF).
* Participate with the implementation of a new HR System such as Workday.
* Responsible for day-to-day system support, including interfaces to external vendors and ensure resolution of all system related issues.
* Act as a technical expert and / or administrator of HRIS systems including maintenance of system users, maintenance of documentation such as job aids, training manuals, configuration and other support related documents.
* Work with Global HRIT on SAP and Success Factors related support, mass uploads and data quality checks.
* Maintains employee records and inputs data in HRIS systems, as needed. Ensures the organization structure is set up correctly within SAP; requires regular interaction with HR Business Partners and Site HR to keep abreast of organization changes and personnel changes.
* Act as a responsible contact in the North American region for SAP and Success Factors (SF) for issues related to performance and goal settings, recruitment and org charts.
* Work with Evonik IT on projects and to resolve HRIS issues that may occur because of data or integration with IT systems such as Evonik Directory, SharePoint, and / or other internal systems using HR data.
* Support projects in the HR area to support implementations, upgrades, perform testing and maintain documentation, not limited to Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Recruitment, Performance Management, HR Case Management, IT, Divestitures, Mergers and Acquisitions.
* Maintain vendor relations and be the responsible point of contact for external support tickets.
* Identify opportunities for improvement in HRIT areas and propose alternative solutions where applicable.
* Work with HR Compliance and support internal and external audits related to HRIS systems, user compliance and data access.
* Audit entry into the HRIS system and support Data Management and HR to ensure accuracy and increase efficiency. Implement audit control steps to ensure data integrity and compliance with establish standards.
* Support HR end users and data management with reports and tools as appropriate.
* Strong understanding of HR processes and data to ensure correct and efficient integration of HRIS system.
* Keeps current on HR system trends with a working knowledge of HR systems and process best practices.
* Determines processes/procedures for input of data and ensures data integrity. Participates in the conversion, testing, setup, specs and testing of HR technology systems.
* Drives adoption of global practices and standards.
* Manage / Participate in multiple regional/global HR Technology projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HR, Information Systems or related field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of hands - on HRIS / HRIT systems experience related to Core HR, Payroll, Time Management, Compensation, Recruiting, Performance Management, Employee and Manager Self Service and integrations with other HR and non-HR systems.
* Experience working with SAP, Workday, SuccessFactors, ADP, and / or other HRIS systems.
* Prior experience implementing new HRIS system end-to-end a plus.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve, work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to work well with a variety of employee levels and across functions. Ability to work locally and virtually with individuals and teams.
* Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
* Strong project management skills and experience in managing projects is required
* Strong customer focus.
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
* Familiar with HR compliance and regulation topics such as: ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, Commuter regulations, OSHA, Workers Compensation, FLSA, EEO.
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Travel of 15% will be required (within North America and Germany).
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 116483
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.
[Not translated in selected language]