As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Senior Healthcare Data Analyst will join the Clinical Analytics team which is part of the Partners Data and Analytics Organization (DAO). In this role, he/she will provide data analysis and reporting for all partners-wide clinical initiatives. Areas of focus will include quality improvement, specialty variation, population health and safety initiatives. This role requires working with multiple sources of healthcare data (ex: claims, financial, and clinical data) to meet both internal and external reporting requirements and support new initiatives. Projects range from simple programming and basic data manipulation/analysis to more advanced and predictive analytics. The Senior Healthcare Data Analyst will work closely with his/her team and Medical Directors to execute analytic plans and ensure accurate, valid, reliable, and timely results. The Senior Healthcare Data Analyst must have a strong attention to detail and an in-depth knowledge of data structure and programming. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, deadline-driven, team player interested in the interface between data analytics, reporting and clinical initiatives. The Senior Healthcare Data Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Clinical Initiatives
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with a variety of tools (ex: SAS, SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.) to access data, write queries, develop programming logic, create dashboards, manipulate, and analyze large datasets to meet the needs of Partners DAO
* Build and foster relationships with senior leadership/physicians and key stakeholders to understand multifaceted business problems and develop analytical solutions to complex issues to satisfy reporting and analytical needs
* Retrieving, organizing, and manipulating data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and other databases. This will require basic programming to prepare data for reporting and analysis.
* Presenting analytical findings in a variety of formats (reports, PowerPoint, Tableau, graphs, figures, and tables), formulating recommendations, and effectively presenting results to non-analytic audiences.
* Responsible for completing thorough quality assurance procedures ensuring accuracy, reliability, and validity of work
* Support the development, modification, and validation of new and existing quality measures as needed • Bachelor's/Master's degree in healthcare related informatics field, public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics
* 3 years of experience working with big data for healthcare
* 3 years of experience with a statistical package such as R or SAS for analysis and reporting of datasets
* Knowledge of statistical testing and multivariate modeling
* Strong programming skills in SAS, willingness to learn other programming languages as necessary
* Relational database experience (MS SQL Server/Oracle)
* Experience with clinical data (e.g., Epic) strongly preferred
* Experience with data analysis and reporting, and working knowledge of data visualization (Tableau/Power BI) software is preferred
* Practical problem solving abilities, i.e. the ability to formulate hypotheses, test options and move forward in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and collaborate with team members and others throughout the organization
* Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team essential
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.