The CSI Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering (CHEE) team is looking for a senior industry professional with a proven track record of success who understands the importance, high standards, and processes required for appropriate, thorough, and timebound testing of hardware, software, and firmware changes destined for the worldwide Microsoft Fleet. Industry-leading execution is priority 1b; ensuring that updates never take anything away from an outstanding external customer experience with Microsoft cloud services - our customer obsession -- is priority 1a.
The successful candidate for this role will have a visible lead position for identifying / driving process improvement opportunities as well as being an active participant in update testing. Are *you* up for this exciting and impactful challenge with the World Technology Leader?
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent relevant discipline
* 7-10 years of server node- or rack-level qualification and/or validation test experience, including planning, development, execution, and debug … experience integrating and validating PCBAs, hardware components and/or systems expected
* Blue-water experience in hardware or software design, sustaining engineering, reliability testing and analysis, industry-accepted quality precepts, and/or program management experience is a definite plus
* Demonstrated ability not only for strategic thinking and data orientation, but the ability to provide clarity, create energy, and be impactful on a day-to-day basis as well
* Proven success in the management of complex, cross-disciplinary projects
* Demonstrable ability to communicate transparently, effectively, and persuasively across a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences
* Familiar with / capable of script development (Python, PowerShell) and routines to enable and accelerate test execution and data collection via automation
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Primary responsibilities include:
Program management of the E2E Update Test Fidelity process and its subprocesses, including process documentation, operational metric tracking and statusing, and functional interlocks with component and new program testing and validation
Individual execution per Update Test Fidelity procedures - test plan compilation, functional testing, results review and follow-up -- and as technical lead, ensure compliance of team members to established best practices
Demonstrated leadership in the identification, actioning, and impactful closure of efficiency and effectiveness improvements necessary to meet/exceed committed Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
Work with ODMs, system engineers, and internal design teams, to 1) ensure the serviceability and testability of new technologies and MSFT IP features, and 2) investigate and correct technical issues exhibited during Update Testing
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.