Did you know that Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide? Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the team behind Microsoft's expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft's "Intelligent Cloud" mission. CSCP delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Microsoft Azure, Skype, Teams and OneDrive.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and hardware infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal CSCP is looking for dynamic, highly motivated Project Managers to lead complex new server hardware product introductions (NPI) through a Hardware Life Cycle Management Process. Primary objective is to get engineering teams, operations teams and supply chain partners to effectively plan, produce, and ramp to volume production. For this role we seek an experienced Technical Program Manager who is an industry professional and can distill the needs of our internal business partners, then coordinate activities of engineering, supply chain and product group representatives to ensure those requirements are met.
* Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field/experience.
* 5+ years industry experience in managing the technical programs or devices from definition to delivery
* Knowledge of server technology and x86 architecture is desired
* Effective presentation skills
* Product Planning or Project Management experience is desired
* Must have ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams
* Proven capabilities to drive positive business results by working across multiple organizations.
* Experience working in HW Infrastructure Engineering Groups or Supply Chain preferred
* Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization
* Highly effective written and oral communication skills
* Ability to present to a wide range of cross functional partners across different teams and levels of the organization
* Self-motivated, driven individual who can work in a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to work in an ambiguous business environment with competing business tasks
* Familiarity and previous experience developing programs through phase gate process is preferred
* Experience working with Microsoft Project or similar project management software
Meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Partnering with engineering team members to gather and define server design objectives and business goals
* Be the lead voice of the program. Lead efficient delivery of cross-functional projects.
* Ensuring cross functional alignment, generating clarity, tracking towards release milestones and overall readiness for all new Data Center infrastructure deployments.
* Identify potential risks and drive risk mitigation activities
* Manage virtual team of functional leads including members from SW and HW Engineering, Supply Chain, Provisioning, Networking and Datacenter Operations for documenting a clear Plan-of-Record (POR) and leading the team to a successful first pilot live followed by stable NPI and mass production.
* Develop and manage relationships with all stakeholders and suppliers on all NPI and sustaining related activities to resolve road blocks, ensure sign-offs from experts, push for key decisions and lead the team through a phase gate Infrastructure Life-Cycle Management Process.
* Defining schedules and driving the project to successful completion observing the schedules defined. Gain schedule alignment from Engineering Groups. Identify and assign clear ownership of project tasks to the NPI team members and drive timely execution of each team member.
* Recommend internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partner teams
* Create, maintain and effectively disseminate project communication to stakeholders
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.