Senior Hardware Exploitation Engineer
Req #: 207544
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Senior Hardware Exploitation Engineer to pursue a career supporting CACI's growing Intelligence Services market. Supported by our newly developed job framework, CACI provides clearly defined career paths for employees to grow and progress within our company.
Specific duties include:
* Performs forensic examination of High Priority Digital Media to include:
* Leads the reverse engineering, failure analysis, and vulnerability analysis of hardware to identify exploitation opportunities
* Lead the modification of hardware to either enable forensic analysis of the media or to change the functionality of the hardware for other purposes
* Leads a microelectronics exploitation laboratory consisting of state-of-the-art tools for inspection, imaging, decapsulation, de-processing, and other activities related to hardware reverse engineering and exploitation
* Leads the development and maintenance of frameworks, processes, design patterns, techniques, tools, and standards for conducting hardware exploitation of digital media
* Performs Full-Scope forensic examinations from the hardware aspect of media
* Provided a target communications device, uses reverse engineering tools and procedures to determine vulnerabilities of the device for technical exploitation purposes
* Assesses how it boots/initializes and obtain a binary that can be used for reverse engineering
* Identify the function that that responds to network connection requests, understand internal communications mechanisms, outlining the general structure of the system software, and determining how system state is altered/saved
* Manage teams and take part in the analysis of embedded platform firmware and operating systems to understand security vulnerabilities associated with various platform communication links.
* Initiate and execute test methods to ensure all requirements of developed capabilities are fully satisfied
* Applying knowledge gained through reverse engineering and other research techniques, design and develop low level C and assembly applications for embedded ARM platforms that interface directly with platform hardware.
* Performs data recovery procedures for hard drives, thumb drives and other kinds of media with storage capacity
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least ten (10) years of related experience.
* Background requiring excellent interpersonal skills and working independently and on a team
* Significant background with the technical and programmatic aspects of leading research and development projects
* Assembly language and C/C++ programming background. Solid understanding of programming languages and operating system concepts
* Background requiring skills in reverse engineering of embedded systems with proprietary operating systems for the express purpose of introducing functionally to an already existing fielded system
* Background researching a hardware platform to understand the software and hardware interaction of embedded systems
* Background applying knowledge of C and Assembler software development for embedded platforms that run commercial and/or custom operating systems
* Advanced/Expert knowledge of embedded system design, communication with peripheral devices at the hardware level and reverse engineering of system software
* Advanced/Expert background scripting Languages: shell, Perl, Python or the like.
* Advanced/Expert background Microprocessors/Architectures: ARM, MIPS, RISC, PowerPC, XScale, StrongARM, and x86. Familiar with microprocessor instruction sets is desired
* Background with Operating Systems: VxWorks, Integrity, Embedded Linux, JunOS, Linux, Unix, Windows Embedded. Background with RTOS desired.
* Background with IDEs: Tornado, Workbench, VxSim, MULTI, TimeMachine, TraceEdge
* Background in Hardware Tools and Debuggers: Green Hills Probe, SuperTrace Probe, Slingshot, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, JTAG, Agilent Technologies equipment.
* Advanced/Expert background in Software Tools and Debuggers: Wireshark, IDA Pro, OllyDbg, pcap, gdb, make, hex editor.
* Possesses active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
* Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.