The AI and Advanced Architectures team in Redmond, WA and Raleigh, NC is seeking motivated computer/electrical engineers and computer scientists to architect and deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. We are a highly capable and motivated cross-disciplinary team responsible for delivering cutting-edge, high performance, custom SoC designs to meet the computing needs of Microsoft. Our team is involved in numerous projects ranging from traditional computing solutions to the control plane for Quantum Computing. Hence, we are seeking highly skilled individuals comfortable with working in diverse, multi-site teams in a collaborative environment. Individuals with background in, but not limited to, the following areas are encouraged to apply:
* Performance Modeling
* High Performance Microarchitecture
* Energy Efficient Microarchitecture
* Machine Learning Architectures, Applications, and Analysis
* HW/SW Co-design
* Cache and Memory System Design
* On-chip Networks
* HW/SW debug
* System interface
* Accelerator design and infrastructure
Day to day tasks include characterizing and analyzing workloads, modeling features and architecting efficient solutions.
* MS or PhD in computer engineering or related field
* 5 or more years of academic or industry experience in silicon design and analysis
* Experience in system-level design/analysis, especially in a high-performance, distributed and/or fault-tolerant systems with complex memory management and virtualization.
* Experience in requirements gathering across diverse teams resulting in the specification and development of complex hardware designs.
* Familiarity with silicon design flows and RTL design.
* Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, TCL, Powershell, etc.
* Proven track record of collaborative decision making and ownership, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with excellent communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with stakeholders and customers to gather requirements.
* Specify, evaluate, design, implement, and validate complex designs.
* Document and review architecture specs.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.