This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your software and hardware experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will matter to Microsoft and Microsoft's customers. This role offers a wide variety of challenges and an incredible learning opportunity across multiple areas of Cloud services such as ADL, Exchange, SQL, Azure Storage and other teams. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated, self starter, with a mixed HW/SW background who is interested in system and hardware architecture.
* MS/BS in computer science or computer engineering
* 5+ years of experience in hardware microarchitecture, design and development
* Strong coding skills in C/C++ and Python or other scripting languages
* Some industry experience in taking products into production
* Good communication and collaboration skills
The following skills are a plus:
* ASIC design experience leading to high volume production release
* Experience in system partitioning, particularly the HW/SW interface
* Familiarity with system concepts of multithreading, coherence, PCIe SR-IOV
* Background in hardware security and secure boot
* Experience in HW/SW codesign
* Familiarity with memory devices and interfaces
* Familiarity with Windows and/or Linus drivers
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Algorithm investigations including functional and performance simulations.
* Contributing to development and analysis of candidate HW architectures and HW/SW interactions. This includes power, cost and performance.
* Working with design teams, vendors and users to refine architectures
* Working with PM team on vendor evaluation, resource planning and scheduling.
* Continued involvement in microarchitecture specifications, architectural verification, vendor oversight, design verification and user enablement through release to production.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.