The Engineer will be part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
A day in the life...
* This position will be responsible for implementation and support of the Enterprise Hadoop environment, including design, capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning, monitoring, infrastructure planning, scale up/out and administration.
* Should work closely with infrastructure, network, database, business intelligence and application teams to ensure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels
* The candidate will apply a strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, YARN, Map Reduce, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig, Hadoop streaming, and Hive
* The candidate should have experience in installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems /hardware in an enterprise environment. (Ex. Suse/RHEL)
* Expertise in system administration and programming skills. Storage, performance tuning and capacity management of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
* Experience in setup, configuration and management of security for Hadoop clusters using SSL,Kerberos and integration with LDAP/AD at an Enterprise level
* The administrator consultant will have broad implementation, administration and configuration experience of Hadoop Ecosystem
* Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
* Manage and review Hadoop log files
* AWS or Cloud Technology experience preferred
* Solve production problems when needed 24x7
* Develop and document best practices
You own this if you…
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Three to five years' (or more) experience as Hadoop administrator in a large production environment.
* A deep understanding of Big Data, Hadoop Architecture and YARN/Map Reduce concepts
* Prior experience in High Availability techniques, Hadoop cluster connectivity and tuning, network requirements, failover, active-active
* Strong experience in HDFS support, maintenance, backup, restore, disaster recovery, failovers management and troubleshooting
* Experience with Hadoop distribution and Hortonworks Ambari to install, configure and monitor Hadoop clusters
* Good verbal and written communication skill
* Demonstrated experience in working on large projects or small teams
* Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
* Ability to automate software/application installations and configurations hosted on Linux servers
* Network and system administration experience, preferably in large-scale data center environments
* Hands on experience with automation tools such as terraform, ansible etc.
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. We listen to what's most important and continue to evolve our offering to support both our employees and their families.
Beyond strong health, retirement and time off benefits, Nordstrom is proud to offer:
* Commuter Benefits
* 100% Paid Parental Leave
* Charitable Giving and Volunteer Match
* Merchandise Discount
* Nordstrom Stock Purchase Plan
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.