We are currently seeking a talented Hadoop Administrator with experience managing Hadoop on Linux Infrastructure. You will help optimize and integrate new infrastructure via continuous integration methodologies.
What You Will Be Doing
* Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
* Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
* Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, HBase and Yarn access for the new users
* Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise, etc.
* Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
* Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
* Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
* Manage and review Hadoop log files
* File system management and monitoring
* HDFS support and maintenance
* Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
* Collaborating with application teams to perform Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
* Work with Vendor support teams on support tasks
* General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
* The most essential requirements are: They should be able to deploy Hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes, keep track of jobs, monitor critical parts of the cluster, configure name-node high availability, schedule and configure it and take backups
* Solid Understanding on premise and Cloud network architectures
* Additional Hadoop skills like Sentry, Spark, Kafka, Oozie, etc
* Experience with Impala
* Kerberos administration skills
* Experience with Cloudera distribution
* Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef and Shell scripting
* Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Nagios and HAProxy
* Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus
* Proven track record in incorporating latest operational tools into big data platforms
What You Need for this Position
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or related discipline
* 5 years of Linux system administration
* 3 years of Hadoop infrastructure administration
* HortonWorks & MapR distributions will also be considered
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World's Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.