Passionate about building massively scalable systems? Want to work with a top class team of engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned managers and architects? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, Amplitude might be the place for you.
Enterprise Saas companies have traditionally grown with sales headcount. The growth function is, traditionally called "demand generation" in enterprise Saas, and has relied heavily on programs that don't scale and are not measurable.
Amplitude is looking for a visionary growth engineer who can help write the playbook for enterprise Saas Growth Engineering. This function will accelerate Amplitude's success by leveraging product, data and engineering to drive scalable, consistent and measurable growth. Growth Engineering at Amplitude is a unique opportunity because we are creating a new category in an exploding market.
What does this team do?
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To effectively grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments to maximize growth.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack, to creating recommendation and personalization systems. We build models to better predict how our customers behave over the long run in order to grow sustainably and profitably. Finally, we are responsible for the infrastructure that powers our growth, including our experimentation framework and automated marketing systems.
What will you do?
You will be building software to help drive double-digit growth month-over-month. How you do that is up to you and your team - as long as you can measure and backup your results. Your work ranges from backend infrastructure like extending our experimentation platform, owning customer-facing features like personalization systems end-to-end, to optimizing our endpoint load time to help move conversion.
We focus on building quantifiably high impact features through prototyping and experimentation. It is your responsibility to ensure that these features and systems are maintainable, scalable, and can be built into more sophisticated solutions, by you, or by relevant teams.
* Drive consistent and scalable growth through product, engineering and data leverage
* Build the infrastructure that enables us to understand our customers journey end to end. It's hard to optimize that which you do not understand.
* Build features with quantifiably high impact through prototyping and experimentation
* Ship features and services, that directly and scalably drive growth
* Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems that power Amplitude's growth
* Build tools that help our non-engineering teams (e.g. marketing, go-to-market) teams scale
* Work with Python, Node, Postgres, and GraphQL to build scalable, efficient experiments across the customer journey
* Integrate with other backend query-processing services and infrastructure
* Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
* 5-8+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering, or application services role
* 2+ years of experience on Growth team is a huge plus
* Significant experience building web services and APIs, and working with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL
* Prior experience with GraphQL is a plus
* Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
* Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Growth mindset, humility, and the burning desire to own your domain and your work
* Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics.
* Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
At Amplitude, we're on a mission to help product teams understand their users' behavior so that they can build better products. We've built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.