Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scale. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Lumberyard, we are building the game engine to power that future, leveraging the power of Amazon Web Services cloud, Twitch, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry's most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We're looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow's most celebrated games.
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to own cutting-edge lighting techniques and rendering features on the Graphics team. You will design, implement and optimize lighting features to excel on different GPUs and platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
* Be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining lighting based graphics features
* Research and stay current with cutting edge rendering lighting techniques, hardware and algorithms and work with the team to ensure they are performant on all supported platforms and GPUs.
* Drive design and architecture decisions that result in strong balance of performance, flexibility, and maintainability
* Write high performance, highly maintainable, code.
* Work effectively with game engineers and artists on new lighting features and functionality
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.