We are looking for Senior Gameplay Engineers to join our Simulation team! Help us create a virtual world with realistic behavior for cars, pedestrians, and motorcyclists.
What You'll Do:
* Design and implement our World Sim (using Unreal engine), which will test our autonomous stack virtually and increase the quality and scenarios the stack is exposed to
* Design and implement gameplay systems such as AI, character controls, pathfinding
* Work on large scale simulation systems such as traffic management, weather
* Develop the networking layer for the game engine, enabling an MMO like experience
What We're Looking For:
* Proficiency in writing modern C++, coupled with Unreal Engine, Unity or similar
* Exceptional ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable software
* Experience implementing AI, character controls, pathfinding or related systems
* Shipped at least 1 AAA PC or Console title
* Proficiency in prototyping and refining gameplay systems
* Tendency to automate and unit testing everything
* Natural ability to communicate well across teams of developers and other staff
* Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, Graphics, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
* Previous experience using Unreal Engine
* Experience working on games with client server architecture
* Experience working with Technical Artists and animators
* Strong interest in documentation, clean design and user experience
About our Simulation Team
Cruise Automation's Simulation team creates a virtual world in which synthetically generated data helps to accelerate the validation of our autonomous vehicle when faced with all possible driving scenarios. Through Unreal Engine (UE4), LiDAR and Radar Data as well as our Machine Learning systems, our team works with data inputs and outputs, collision engines and rendering capabilities in order to build massive detailed cities and eventually train our neural networks. We are modeling million and millions of situations in a game engine, far more than the thousands we can do using humans to identify objects collected by our sensors while out driving.
About our Engineering Team
Engineering teams at Cruise work on plenty of unsolved problems requiring complex solutions. As an Engineer here at any level, you'll ultimately contribute directly to our core technology on a variety of projects, collaborating alongside a group of self-starters in a multi-disciplinary environment. You'll use your software design, analytical problem solving, and programming skills to build software for a first of its kind autonomous vehicle platform. You will be researching and developing solutions to some of the most challenging technical problems in existence.
We're the driverless car company. We're building the world's best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.