343 is looking for an experienced Gameplay Designer that can craft and implement exciting gameplay scenarios that push boundaries to engage players. Responsibilities will focus on encounter design, implementation of gameplay goals, and a variety of scenario building. This person will work directly with their lead designer, gameplay teams, level design, narrative, artists, and programmers to ensure that cross discipline collaboration relationships are respected and nurtured so that the player experience is continually the highest quality.
* 5+ years working as a gameplay implementor, scripter or level designer on a first person/third person shooter title
* Deep understanding of gameplay and encounter design theories and practices
* Proficient in using a 3D modelling package such as Maya
* Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
* Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* A focus on systemic and procedural gameplay design
* A love for narrative based games and shooters in general
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Build gameplay scenarios with a wide variety of styles and purposes
* Build gameplay moments such as combat encounters, narrative events, and points of interest within the game world.
* Author and review design documentation.
* Play test and iterate on scenario and encounter content to ensure the highest quality.
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a best-in-industry production process, player experience and team environment.
* Help maintain quality and guidance for junior gameplay designers
* Work closely with partner teams to ensure a cohesive encounter and scenario experience.
* Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain encounter and scenario building functionality and push tool / design boundaries.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.