In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Delivering unparalleled in-game experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives Game Designers exciting and complex problems to tackle. Game Designers at Riot work to craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to create new and engaging moments for players.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
We're looking for Senior Designers at multiple levels to design our next set of games! You'll play a pivotal part in Riot's multigame future, either at project inception, or mid-stream inside an existing game that is developing well. Your excellent design problem solving skills will be adeptly applied to ambiguous opportunities through the prototype and pre-production phases.
* Assess and validate new game opportunities at the conceptual level and/or help existing R&D teams better understand their opportunities and innovation set
* Apply and execute an analytical approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts and articulate why it works
* Execute and perfect differentiated solutions within your area of responsibility
* Improve existing design frameworks, and craft new ones
* Proactively engage other team members.
* Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Synthesize co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
* Choose appropriate means of communicating design intent to other developers
* Articulate and consider a breadth and depth of possible solutions, including possible implications, and collaboratively reach the best solution
* Deeply understand the relevant audiences for the product, and from this, calibrate your design judgement to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
* At least 3 years experience as a professional game designer
* Preferred: substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a game
* Strong mechanics and systems design ability, demonstrated in having designed systems into large, ambiguous spaces
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.