Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That's the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we're constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we've launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School's Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of the Apple's Top 10 iOS games of 2017!
As a Senior Game Designer on Episode, you'll design brand new game systems that give players clear and satisfying decisions as they navigate our stories, and work closely with our writers to create iconic stories that support those systems.
What You'll Do:
* Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
* Co-own creative goals and vision of a set of stories
* Lead design from ideation to release on fun interactive features that enhance story and increase player engagement through delight, depth and replayability
* Interpret qualitative and quantitative data and iterate on design elements based on findings
* Implement stories and mechanics in our proprietary tools
* You will also get the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience as a seasoned veteran to mentor content designers and project managers on game mechanics
What You Bring to the Game Design Team:
* 5+ years of experience in content design and/or game design
* A desire to make fun, delightful experiences that help push our business success
* Highly skilled at game narrative and with a great interest in narrative in visual novels, film, television, and games.
* Ability to quickly internalize new engines and game technologies
* Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
* Proven understanding for game design and experience in collaborating with other disciplines on game development projects
* Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
* Excellent problem solving skills
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.