PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Game AI Programmer
San Diego Studio
PlayStation's brand new San Diego Study campus is seeking a Senior AI Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed "MLB - The Show" game series.
In this role you will work on the decision logic and control systems that create the game play experience. Systems worked on may include fielding, base running, batting, physics, pitching, catching, general animation integration, locomotion, and many more. You will work closely with the designers, animators, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of the game play experience.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy. If this is you, please apply!
* Designing and implementing systems to support game play needs (fielding, base running, batting, pitching, catching, general animation implementation, locomotion, etc).
* Helping maintain and improve existing systems.
* Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
* Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
* As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
* Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
* Five years game industry programming experience.
* Expertise in C++ and console game development.
* Commitment to code quality and sound testing procedures.
* Knowledge of baseball rules and strategies.
* Self-motivated with good communication skills.
* Able and motivated to work with other team members.
* B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.