33Across is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our team in expanding our current publisher platform and building innovative products for the mobile web. Our products are already generating one billion+ events and are experienced by over 13 million daily users. This position will be instrumental in driving these numbers to unprecedented heights as we grow our publisher base and increase user reach and engagement across all platforms.
You will have the opportunity to work on the company's core product suite that drives revenue for our publishers and us. We are looking for engineers who have a passion for building scalable products, strong software design skills, and a desire to learn from, mentor, and teach your peers.
* Implement real-time, high-performance web applications for desktop and mobile.
* Architect elegant, maintainable, testable solutions to complex technical problems.
* Integrate with third-party platforms and services to pull in auxiliary content, services, and data.
* Engage with performance bottlenecks and drive improvements to our backend and frontend infrastructure.
* Share software development best practices with the team and mentor junior engineers.
* 5+ years of experience in software development, leveraging modern technology stacks and at least 3 years of backend and/or full-stack experience building highly scalable, distributed systems.
* Fluent in at least one, preferably two, of the following languages/frameworks: Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby on Rails.
* Working experience with databases such as MySQL or Redis.
* Thorough understanding of design patterns, object-oriented programming, and asynchronous and event-driven development.
* Strong knowledge and experience in microservice architecture.
* Well-versed in testing methodologies (TDD, BDD).
* Experience with working or building a CI/CD model.
* Comfortable with Linux CLI, one or more scripting languages, and SQL.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Strong understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps.
* Experience with Big Data (we use Cloudera's Hadoop distribution).
* Experience in application security and data protection.
* Experience with application containerization such as Docker.
* Experience with cloud technology such as AWS.
* Experience with working with remote teams.
What We Can Offer You:
We have a distributed team with primary work locations in New York City and the Bay Area. We offer a fun work environment with smart coworkers and generous perks. Perks include unlimited snacks/drinks, weekly catered meals, team outings, holiday celebrations, annual hackathons, and a team-wide commitment to pristine coding environments: 10% of every developer's time is reserved for self-directed code improvements.
Oh Yeah, We Also Offer All The Usual Stuff Too:
* Competitive salary, bonus structure, and equity.
* Health, dental, and vision benefits.
* 401K with company match to help you save for the future.
* Real, tangible, paid time off.
* Paid family leave.
* Education / training allowance and time.