A career at Fundrise offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $600 million from investors in all 50 states and was recently honored to be named as the 35th fastest growing private company on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States.
We're seeking talented passionate Software Engineers to help create the premier online investment experience. You'll work to:
* Implement new products and features of our investment platform * Scale our existing deployments to match the growth in the business * Migrate our infrastructure to support multiple platforms as well as an engineering team that is increasing in size and responsibilities
Our startup's engineering team deploys continuously, so you will have a chance to have a significant and immediate impact on our growing user base and the overall success of our business. Our team comes from a diverse array of backgrounds, including real estate development, accounting, finance, software engineering and design.
* Build, scale and improve software systems for a fast-growing real estate investment platform * Deploy software in rapid release cycles (sometimes multiple times a day!) * Maintain and monitor systems deployed on AWS * Take full ownership of the technology stack including front-end and back-end development as well as managing and maintaining databases, load balancers, content delivery, clustered caching, email delivery, 3rd-party APIs and and everything else. * Application security is a constant and ever-present priority for Fundrise and you will help ensure that our users' data remains secure and private.
* 8+ years of experience building and maintaining dynamic production-level applications * Experience mentoring and developing the skills of junior engineers * Experience working with relational databases where transactions and throughput were critical to operations * Excellent verbal and written skills * Mastery of data structures and computer science fundamentals * Familiarity with high-availability architectures and their deployment on AWS * An appreciation for writing elegant code * An aptitude and inclination for learning new domains quickly
Core Skill Areas
* Java * Spring Framework, Spring Boot * Hibernate * SQL
Preferred Skill Areas
* Amazon Web Services (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3) * MySQL * PostgreSQL
Fundrise is the first and leading online real estate investment and crowdfunding platform.