About the Organization & What Makes Us Unique:
Truckstop.com was founded in 1995 as a small family-owned business with a dedication to becoming the best-in-class transportation solution. As one of the largest online freight matching services in the trucking industry, we provide a one-stop connection between carriers, brokers, and the shipper. The company which has remained privately-held, has grown exponentially in the last 24 years into more than 7 locations across the U.S with a focus on innovation and forward-thinking digital vision.
At Truckstop.com talented individuals are empowered to do what they do they do best while having fun doing it. We call our employees partners because we unite to achieve remarkable things together. We believe that for talent to be their best selves, we must enable them with the freedom to exercise their own judgment, and provide them with the autonomy to experiment, to innovate, and test where they can go. Be "you" is the message that executive leaders foster, building first-in-class culture of exceptional people with a "One Team" mindset, driven from the top down.
Despite our vast business development and growth into more than 460 "partners", the commitment to our talent where service and respect run hand-in-hand with camaraderie, collaboration and fun culture, still remains our passion. Our unique Truckstop.com culture is embedded in our team with a focus on providing exceptional customer experiences.
About the opportunity:
Despite our rapid growth, size and aggressive technology approach, Truckstop is a family business at its core. We're nice to each other, we work hard to get the job done, and then celebrate together. We offer a great benefits package, and unlimited PTO from day one.
We're cutting edge when it comes to our SaaS-based technology. As our business grows, we're growing our dynamic development team, and eager to find passionate, collaborative team players where your voice will be heard. We are looking for visionaries, who don't just want to code, but want to offer creative insight into the big-picture of the business. You will have unlimited opportunity to influence change, constantly learn new technologies and make a significant difference in the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
A Senior Full-Stack Software Development Engineer will be required to analyze, design, and develop software services and solutions with a collaborative approach and team-oriented mindset.
* Exceptional communication and team skills to work closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements and drive analysis/design of innovative technical solutions.
* Design solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
* Recommend development of new code, redesign, or reuse of existing code.
* Investigate and develop skills in newer technologies.
* Able to articulate complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
* Skilled at clearly documenting design and concept ideas.
* Capable of implementing test driven development to ensure that your written code meets requirements and doesn't introduce new errors/bugs.
Qualifications and Skills:
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* Strong understanding of object-oriented principles and software design pattern
* Proficiency with all versions of Microsoft .NET frameworks; C#, Web API and NodeJS
* Proficiency with web service development and integration (SOAP, RESTful, JSON, XML)
* Knowledge of security principles and standards; OAuth, JWT and identity service providers.
* Proficiency in design and development of microservices; standards with respect to API design, development and deployment
* Working knowledge of the MuleSoft framework a plus
* Knowledge of database design principles, proficiency in design and development of relational databases and/or document databases
* Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
* Working knowledge of ORM frameworks and repository patterns
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services AWS/Cloud framework
Truckstop.com offers an excellent benefits package with full healthcare/dental/vision, wellness program, and MATCHING 401k with fun team building and collaboration events across the organization.