Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Synthetics
San Francisco, California
St. Paul, Minnesota
New Relic is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Synthetics team. As part of our team you will design, implement, and maintain front-end and back-end for our cutting edge monitoring product and its operation on the cloud.
We are a distributed yet tight-knit team with team members across the US and in the UK. We are seeking someone who has a track record of solving difficult problems, making intelligent decisions, reviewing code meticulously, has outstanding verbal and written communication skills, embodies ownership and accountability, mentoring others, and is excited about browser automation technologies such as Selenium, Webdriver, Chromdriver.
Note: Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You'll Do
* Work closely with fellow engineers, product management, technical support, and UX teams to design and build scalable, cutting edge Synthetics monitoring features.
* Develop and optimize capacity management logic to orchestrate hundreds of monitoring agents running synthetic transactions across the globe, ensuring transactions meet stringent reliability and availability requirements, while properly sandboxed.
* Participate in on-call rotation though the team is big enough that the rotation is not burdensome.
* Innovate and improve the process of scripting a browser as well as internal processes and services, to be agile and deliver incrementally through CI/CD.
* BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of software programming experience in Java, C/C++, C#, or a modern object oriented language.
* Large systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
* Experience building products on Amazon Web Services and understanding of operational/uptime tradeoffs.
* A Web App or API in which you were a key contributor.
* Passion for mentoring others as well as for improving software through constant iteration.
* MS or PhD in Computer Science
* Solid foundation in algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and software design.
* Strong analytical and debugging skills.
* Experience with NodeJs.
* Experience with browser automation technologies such as Selenium, Webdriver, Chomedriver.
* Open source contributions.
To be considered for this opportunity please submit your updated resume along with a cover letter explaining how you are a fit for the position.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Phoenix, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)-all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we're a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every 'Relic' can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers' means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.