SpareFoot is looking for a senior level Full-Stack Software Engineer. You will be responsible for implementing our highly trafficked self-storage websites and internal web-based applications. You have a passion for making great products where form equals function. You should be comfortable working in an open-ended environment where roles are flexible, everything is always changing, and communication is essential. You'll be part of a small, nimble team of designers and developers who love solving hard problems.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
We are the leading online marketplace for the $38 billion self-storage industry. The SpareFoot network includes more than 12,000 facilities and offers consumers the ability to find, compare and book self-storage. SpareFoot provides a suite of industry-leading web marketing tools for self-storage operators and has been chosen as a preferred partner by more major online brands than any other self-storage company.
In 2018, SpareFoot acquired SiteLink and storEDGE, leaders in self-storage management software and in-house payment processing. These deals will allow the combined business to accelerate investment, drive innovation and generate value for both consumers and facility operators.
In 2017, SpareFoot was recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine and the Austin American-Statesman for exceptional company culture.
What you'll do every day:
* We are looking for you to help drive SpareFoot's technology forward.
* You will contribute substantially to the architecture and software design of our applications to improve development velocity, maintenance cost, testing, functionality, platform independence, and performance.
* Be part of a team who defines policies, processes, procedures, methods, tests, and/or components, from the ground up.
* Focus on performance and scale of services using your development and DevOps skills.
* Participate in the planning of project priorities and technical resources, plus building relationships with multiple product teams, and cross-functional groups.
* Mentor junior engineers and encourage engineering best practices and demonstrate how to write maintainable, reusable code
* What you need to bring to the table:
* Computer science degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years experience building, deploying, and maintaining web applications and cloud software services
* Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
* A strong knowledge of software design patterns
* Unit/integration testing experience and knowledge of various patterns (TDD, BDD, etc)
* Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
* Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache
* Containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos, Docker, SaltStack
* Testing: mocha, Jasime or similar
Bonuses - Have you worked with any of these technologies?
* Experience with scrum-based agile development processes
* Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, and/or Solr
Tech startup that makes finding and booking self-storage easy.